At Givens, your work is more than just a job, it is a calling. As a Givens team member, you will have an opportunity to impact our residents' lives, develop close and meaningful relationships, and feel the value that you bring each and every day!
Our campus is growing, and so is our team! The primary purpose of the Executive Sous Chef position is to assist in providing direction with leadership, supervision, technical guidance, and support to the Dining Services Department. You will assist in planning and directing all activities for the fully waited restaurant Terrene & The Social Brew. Don't miss out on the opportunity to work with a fun, friendly, and inclusive team!
- Higher education degree from an American Culinary Federation certified curriculum program
- Achievement of Certified Executive Chef or Certified Master Chef is desired
- Minimum 3—5 years progressive experience in hospitality, multi-unit, medium volume food service operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthy trends in foods and diets
- Demonstrated knowledge of dietary requirements and restrictions for senior adults
- Demonstrated creativity of innovation in menu planning presentation
- Demonstrated achievement in training, motivational, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated in training, motivational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in management of a budget, purchasing and payroll control
- Previous experience in opening new operations is desirable
- Certified in ServSafe & Sanitation or equivalent food handler’s certificate
Team Member Benefits
Team members that work 20+ hours qualify for benefits which include:
- Two major medical health insurance plans that include dental and vision care,
- paid time off accrual,
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching of employee contribution,
- flexible spending accounts,
- life insurance,
- short-term disability insurance, long term disability insurance,
- AFLAC insurance products,
- Lincoln Life insurance products,
- and educational assistance.