Join our team and benefit from:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Paid out in increments over the first six months
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members & discounted rates for part-time!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO) & referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Lincoln Life insurance products
Givens Estates, a not-for-profit life plan community in Asheville, NC, is looking to hire a part-time Wellness Associate to join our Life Enrichment team. This entry-level position provides an excellent and fulfilling opportunity for a person interested in starting a career in fitness, wellness, or a related field. You will be able to create a positive and meaningful impact in the lives of our residents and gain valuable experience and knowledge with the support and guidance of our expert wellness team.
The schedule for this position is Saturdays (8am - 12pm) and three weekdays (1pm - 6pm) for an average of 20 hours per week.
What you'll do:
- Maintain all areas in a safe, secure, clean, and orderly manner
- Monitor resident, team member, and guest safety while using the pool and exercise room
- Conduct the Wellness Assessment (Orientation) required of each resident before utilizing the Wellness Center
- Complete equipment orientations requested by residents and managing preformatted and custom-made workout sheets
- Maintain and balancing pool chemicals
- Wash, fold, and distribute towels and sheets
- Identify the safety and efficacy of exercise to a specific population, i.e., orthopedic impaired, diabetic, etc.
- Retain knowledge of and apply emergency policies and procedures of the exercise room, aquatics area, and aerobics studio
- Enforce maintenance guidelines for strength training equipment, cardiovascular equipment, as well as other areas of the exercise room in accordance with the policies and/or procedures and the equipment manufacturers
What you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications or be able to obtain them. We will cover the costs and guide you through the process!
Added plus if the candidate has other relevant licenses, certifications, and/or experience working with older adults
Compensation: $14 - $15 per hour based on skills & experience